Project Type: Digital printing, short run book printing, hardback, softback, full colour printing, specialist finish, tab indexing, soft touch lamination, silver foil blocking.
- Size: 220 x 170mm
- Pagination: 4pp cover + 84pp text
- Cover material: Hardback version on white silk FSC 150gsm mounted over greyboard with plain white endpapers. Softback version on white silk FSC 300gsm.
- Text paper material (for both hardback and softback versions): Inspira Pre Print White Offset FSC 160gsm.
- Print: Print full colour CMYK throughout
- Specialist finish: Soft touch laminate and matt silver foil block to outer covers. 6 tab indexed text sections and 3 ribbon markers (black, red and silver) to affix to hardback version.
- Binding – hardback version: Mount covers over board and case bind with endpapers, thread sew text, draw-on cover, tab index and affix 3 x ribbons.
- Binding – softback version: PUR bind
- Quantity: 100 copies each of hardback and softback versions
Our client wanted to produce a commemorative book printing for their annual conference but had a limited budget. ‘Premium’ copies were needed to give to guests at the function and ‘standard’ copies for distribution to stakeholders after the event. They sought our advice for retaining high-end quality whilst keeping costs manageable and our proposal was gratefully accepted.
The text was digitally printed, folded and collated in sections. The standard copies had a soft cover PUR bound text and the premium version had a hardbound cased cover with thread sewn text. Everything was adapted from a generic artwork supplied to us.
Both digitally printed covers were enhanced by the smooth tactility of soft touch laminate and matt silver foil. The hardback version needed extra special attention with step tabbed indexed text pages and a tri-colour of ribbon markers (red, black and silver).
The client was delighted with their printed books and they received many positive comments from recipients who looked forward to keeping their book for years to come!